Materials / Microstructure / Weldability
The projects that fall under this thrust area have an emphasis on materials / microstructure / weldability.
Our Efforts in Materials / Microstructure / Weldability
Goal is to develop a better understanding of the fundamentals associated with failure mechanisms. Create new and revolutionary ways to quantify the materials weldability/printability and seek standardization. Study the interconnected effects of microstructure, thermo-mechanical history and composition on weldability/printability. Explore real-time NDT techniques to monitor joints and printed components. Better understanding of long term predictability of joints and printed materials.
Thrust Committee Chair: Martin McDonnell, GVSC (OSU, UTK mentor) Jeff Rodelas, Sandia, (CSM, PSU Mentor)
- Development of Computational Tools for LBW and EBW
- Laser Welding Behavior of Additive Manufactured 304L Stainless Steel- Phase II
- Optimal Composition Window of Type 410 Welding Consumables and Base Metals for Hydro-processing -extension 02-OSU-032019
- Understanding and Controlling Transformations in the HAZ of 3G AHSS
- Weldability of FeMnAl Alloys for Armor Applications
- Welding of Hyper-Duplex Stainless Steels
- Welding of Internally Clad X65 and X70 Pipes for Pre-Salt Subsea Oil Applications (Phase II)
[For Members] In order to access project updates, results, and information, click on the link to box (here) associated with each project.