Additive / Process Development / Control
The projects that fall under this thrust area have an emphasis on additive / process development / control.
About Our Additive/Process Development/Control-Focused Projects
Promote innovation and development in additive manufacturing and joining processes. Areas of interest and focus: Metal additive manufacturing, brazing, advanced arc welding, solid-state joining, sensors, process monitoring and control, and the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve these processes.
Thrust Committee Chair: Dan Javernick, LANL
Thrust Committee Co-Chair: Bill Hamel, UTK
- Process Modeling of Mash Seam Welding
- ICWE Predictive Tools for FSW – from Process to Performance
- Integrated Modeling Framework for Automotive Multi-process Joining
- High Melting Rate Tandem GMA Additive Manufacturing of Advanced Materials
- Al-based Metal Matrix Composite Tublar Wires for Additive Manufacturing Deposition
- Corrosion Resistant Weld Overlays for Pipelines, Oil and Gas, and Petrochemical Installations
- Computer Aided Robotics for Welding, Cladding & Additive Manufacturing Large Structures
- Anviloy Die Hardfacing Development for Aluminum Die Casting Heat Checking Resistance
- Repair of Additive Manufactured Products by Electro-Spark Deposition
- Development of Interlayer Technology to Join Advanced Materials for the Transportation Industry
- Evaluation of advanced pulsed waveforms on arc welding efficiency
- Processing-Microstructure-Performance Relation of Additively Manufactured High Gamma Prime Nickel Superalloy
- Large-Scale Additive Metals Manufacturing using Non-Gravity Aligned GMAW (LSAMM – NGA)
- Adaptive Welding for Power Plant Piping and Pressure Vessels (AW-PPV)
[For Members] In order to access project updates, results, and information, click on the link to box (here) associated with each project.