Additive / Process Development / Control
The projects that fall under this thrust area have an emphasis on additive / process development / control.
About Our Additive/Process Development/Control-Focused Projects
Updated description coming soon.
- Process Modeling of Mash Seam Welding
- ICWE Predictive Tools for FSW – from Process to Performance
- Multiscale characterization and modelling for hybrid joining of dissimilar material combinations for the transportation industry
- High Melting Rate Tandem GMA Additive Manufacturing Advanced Steels
- Characterization of Laser Power Bed Fusion (L-PBF) Additive Manufacturing (AM) and Heat Treatment
- Al-based Metal Matrix Composite Tublar Wires for Additive Manufacturing Deposition
- Corrosion Resistant Weld Overlays for Pipelines, Oil and Gas, and Petrochemical Installations
- Computer Aided Robotics for Welding, Cladding & Additive Manufacturing Large Structures
- Robotic Die Hardfacing with Anviloy Hot Wire Laser Cladding and Additive Manufacturing
- Repair of Additive Manufactured Products by Electro-Spark Deposition
- Exploration of additive manufacturing technology to improve materials joining for the transportation industry
- Evaluation of advanced pulsed waveforms on arc welding efficiency
- Processing-Microstructure-Performance Relation of Additively Manufactured High Gamma Prime Nickel Superalloy
- Large-Scale Additive Metals Manufacturing using Non-Gravity Aligned GMAW (LSAMM – NGA)
- Adaptive Welding for Power Plant Piping and Pressure Vessels (AW-PPV)
[For Members] In order to access project updates, results, and information, click on the link to box (here) associated with each project.